We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Eating Places with a View

UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
158 reviews
Cheap Eating Places with a View

Hi,

Any suggestions? Cheers in advance.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
419 posts
40 reviews
1. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

The Quay Harvester public house great views from its roof terrace

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

Most of the places around the harbour have outdoor seating and are reasonably priced..

ATB,J.

UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
158 reviews
3. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

Thanks to both of you. Any recommendations of a nice fish n chips with out door seating?

UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
158 reviews
4. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

Sorry for bumping but our tip is this weekend :)

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

I would head over to brixham for fish and chips. There are a couple of good fish restaurants over there and also takeaways, so if you fancied a cheap meal out you could always sit around the harbour with with your fish and chips, also some of the chippies have outdoor seating.

If you have not got a car, you can catch the bus.

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious:

Hard to beat fish and chips on the beach. Very simple: find chippy > walk to beach > start eating.

Doesn't get any cheaper (well, apart from cooking them yourself I suppose), and view that will be hard to beat......

Tip: try and find a chippy in a side street. They will almost always be cheaper (lower rent and all that) and usually offer better quality (as they wouldn't survive if they didn't). This rule applies generally to all places to eat and drink.

Enjoy!

UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
158 reviews
7. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

@treetops41....thanks for the idea. I think I will also make a stop to Brixham as well as I see the ferry ride is 30minutes and £2 return only as well.

UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
158 reviews
8. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

@TravelHappyExeter: thanks for the input and the useful tip.

I hope you will agree with me that not all travellers are the same or as experienced as you are. Many of us rely on people like yourselves sometimes with things not may be as obvious to us :)

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
9. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

I disagree totally with travel hippie exeter. Tthere is a chippie in Brixham on the high street (not side street) that fillets his own fish , freshly caught; top quality , but chippie prices, totally splendid. I hate chippies that serve up chips swimming in fat and fish that last saw water about 10 months ago . Yes can be cooked at home in 5 mins , but a filleter of fresh fish is hard to find. and at chippie prices, no brainer !!

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
10. Re: Cheap Eating Places with a View

There we go again, Treetops disagreeing.....

First of all dear Treetops, check out my name

Second: just because there happens to be a really good chippie in Brixham on the high street (and great to hear there is one) doesn't alter the fact (read: fact!) that any business that is slightly off the beaten track has to work harder to get the footfall compared to any high street / promenade / seaside / high visibility location, etc.

This rule applies almost anywhere, but most particularly in tourist spots.

One day Treetops, I am sure we'll agree on something..... :-)

Get answers to your questions about Torquay