We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Travel from London to Torquay

New Orleans...
2 posts
Train Travel from London to Torquay

Hello. I am travelling from London to Torquay, where I will stay for a few days. What is the best way to arrange train travel out of London? Do I need to make train reservations? Thanks for your help!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
11. Re: Train Travel from London to Torquay

If time is more important to you than a few pounds, Newton Abbot (which is on the main line and has lots of direct trains from Paddington) is only about 6 miles from Torquay, so it's very do-able by taxi. Depending on where you stay, some hotels may even offer to collect you from NA anyway (mine did).

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,454 posts
52 reviews
12. Re: Train Travel from London to Torquay

Changing at Newton Abbot is not difficult, especially as the footbridge now has lifts (I know, I've used them).

Edited: 06 June 2014, 12:25
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
13. Re: Train Travel from London to Torquay

I usually use the National Rail Enquiries to look for train times etc, but then buy my tickets at Torquay Station. It is preferable to book a seat which costs no extra, but there is a carriage available for non booked seats.

Newton Abbot is the usual place to change trains, but it is a small place so is quite simple. I am older and have no problems.

I suggest travelling with small baggage if possible which can be placed on the overhead rack. The luggage area could be out of sight from your seat, and losses do occur from there.

14. Re: Train Travel from London to Torquay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 09:45
Get answers to your questions about Torquay