We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Does anyone know anything about The Albaston Hotel in St Marychurch Rd. I have a direct booking with them which has been confirmed and 1 nights deposit taken. We are due to arrive on the 3rd April from Australia and staying for 8 days. When I emailed them re a late check in there was no reply and that was about a month ago. I tried to phone but only got the message this number is not connected also their availability calendar is blocked. I am wondering if they have gone out of business, or there is some other problem.

any feed back would be appreciated

Sue B

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
1. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Hi Sue I will have a drive over and check out for you

Lou

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Hi Lou

Thank you very much your very kind.

Sue B

Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
900 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Drop the local tourist board an e-mail (holiday@englishriviera.co.uk). They are very good and active, and should know if something is wrong.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Thank you everyone, I have heard from the Albaston Hotel, they were having problems with their phone provider and had been given a temporary phone no. All is back to normal now.

Sue B

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
632 posts
116 reviews
5. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Thats a relief then . Hope you enjoy your stay in Torquay and have some dry weather. I can recommend a visit to the Cary Arms, Babbacombe, massively expensive drinks but incredible views.

Also Cockington Village . cockingtoncourt.org/country-park-and-gardens…

Brixham , Dartmouth and Totnes.

Also Teignmouth and Shaldon : http://www.shaldon-village.co.uk/

Last weekend we had a few drinks at http://www.cottinn.co.uk/. which had a lovely ambience and is situated close to the Dartington Hall Estate, which is lovely to walk around and also the shops at the Cider Press.

Ignore the negative comments re Torquay. we have had a winter of nothing but rain, so of course, there are some pot holes in the roads, I also dont imagine you are travelling all the way to the UK to spend your time shopping either, so will not be bothered about bus' driving up Fleet Street, cos you have trams in the middle of your roads .LOL. I

I you are looking to do some shopping I would highly recommend Exeter, which has just about everything, major stores, small shops, cafes, bars, cathedral and river bank area.

Hope you have a great time.

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Sue B I hope you enjoy your stay, mentioning the Albaston has stirred memories for me, my parents were friends of the owners of the Albaston in the 1950s.

I see that you are living in beautiful Perth in WA, unfortunately I haven't been there for many years, until recently lived in Adelaide for more than half my life. I now live in Torquay.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

Dear snapapic,

We are looking forward to our stay in Torquay, we are looking up some of my ancestors who were born and lived in St Marychurch in the early to late 1800's.

We actually live in Sydney, NSW, but have had some lovely holidays in and around Perth and also Adelaide. We just did the drive across the Nullarbor, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Sue B

8. Re: The Albaston Hotel torquay Uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Torquay