We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cream Tea

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Cream Tea

Going to Torquay for the day with a group of friends. Can anyone suggest somewhere to get a nice cream tea,

Marion

London, United...
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Cream Tea

I had that very same thing when I was there just a few a weeks ago. I would go down the road of finding the place where you like the look of & go their as they are pretty much going to taste the same in that neck of the woods. They have loads of those little bakeries that do them.

Torquay, United...
7 posts
2. Re: Cream Tea

Dear Marion36

A lovely place to get a cream tea is in Babbacombe and is called Angels, for reviews see tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186259-d941…

A lot of of our hotel guests go to Babbacombe simply for the cream teas there.

Another lovely place is in Cockington, they have some great tea houses and is another I highly recommend. I hope this has been helpful but for more information just contact me on here or at stay@meadfoot.com.

Regards

Gary

weston-super-mare
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Cream Tea

Thank you so much Babbacombe it is then.

Torquay, United...
7 posts
4. Re: Cream Tea

No problem, have a great time! Gary

WALES
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
5. Re: Cream Tea

We went to angels in babbacoombe, it was gorgeous. 2 Big home made scones with 2 different choices of jam and the clotted cream, they are a bit dearer than some we have been to but worth every penny. We found out that you could book a table, worth doing if the weather is chilly as the first time we went, we had to sit outside and the heavens opened. As there are no covers over the garden area, we were drenched and so were our sandwiches and scones, a bit much to lose when you have paid about £18. Thats why we went back and made sure we got a table inside. Its just up the road from the theatre.

Edited: 08 September 2011, 01:21
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Cream Tea

I would definately recommend Angels the cream teas were amazing. But yes I would advise that you book a table.

7. Re: Cream Tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 11:47