We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant

Can anyone tell me if the steps restaurant is still there in Torquay. Went there many years ago and used to love the steak. Any other recommendations appreciated. Looking for a nice atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Small World Restaurant and Tapas Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Bar, Spanish, International
Memories Bistro
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, European, British
The Orange Tree Restaurant
₹₹₹₹, European, British
3 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,859 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant

Steps was still going in December when I was last in Torquay.

If you like fish/seafood, I would highly recommend No. 7 Fish Bistro on Beacon Hill, just round from the Harbour as you go up towards the Imperial Hotel - very popular (and justifiably so), you will need to book. Especially now it's in the Michelin Guide.

Bianco's, an Italian bistro on Torwood Street, is also good for food and atmosphere. I also like Amici's across the road, although it is more of a pizza-and-pasta type place. Both are owned and run by the same people.

I've never been, but I've heard good things about the Orange Tree in Parkhill Road, again just back from the Harbour.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 15:09
Mentioned in this post
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
The Orange Tree Restaurant
The Orange Tree...
1,107 Reviews
Torquay, UK
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant

Yes it’s still there, but taken over by the owner of Legends. Now called Legends at Steps. Very good steaks

Mentioned in this post
Legends at Steps
Legends at Steps
693 Reviews
Torquay, UK
england
Level Contributor
6,524 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant

We ate at the Corbyn Head Hotel not long ago. Havent eaten elsewhere in Torquay so I dont know how it compares with others but the food was decent, the view is straight over the bay and they have silver service. £20 for 2 courses, £25 for 3 https:/…dining. Worth considering.

Mentioned in this post
Corbyn Head Hotel
Corbyn Head Hotel
596 Reviews
Torquay, UK
Torquay
Torquay
English Riviera, UK
Reply to: Restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted