We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Restaurant

Can anyone tell me if the steps restaurant is still there in Torquay. Went there many years ago and used to love the steak. Any other recommendations appreciated. Looking for a nice atmosphere.

3 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,618 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant

Steps was still going in December when I was last in Torquay.

If you like fish/seafood, I would highly recommend No. 7 Fish Bistro on Beacon Hill, just round from the Harbour as you go up towards the Imperial Hotel - very popular (and justifiably so), you will need to book. Especially now it's in the Michelin Guide.

Bianco's, an Italian bistro on Torwood Street, is also good for food and atmosphere. I also like Amici's across the road, although it is more of a pizza-and-pasta type place. Both are owned and run by the same people.

I've never been, but I've heard good things about the Orange Tree in Parkhill Road, again just back from the Harbour.

Edited: 17 January 2018, 15:09
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant

Yes it’s still there, but taken over by the owner of Legends. Now called Legends at Steps. Very good steaks

england
Level Contributor
6,740 posts
132 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant

We ate at the Corbyn Head Hotel not long ago. Havent eaten elsewhere in Torquay so I dont know how it compares with others but the food was decent, the view is straight over the bay and they have silver service. £20 for 2 courses, £25 for 3 https:/…dining. Worth considering.

Reply to: Restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torquay