We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

Beaminster, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

I assume there will be no buses around the area(no 12) on Xmas day but are there any running on Xmas eve and Boxing Day As we are hoping to stay in the area over Christmas?

5 replies to this topic
England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

Stagecoach haven't published details of their Christmas bus services yet, but I would expect a normal Sunday service to run on Christmas Eve.

Outside London it is rare for buses to run on Boxing Day, but last year Stagecoach did run a limited service on bus service 12 in Torbay on Boxing Day, so there is a fair chance that they will do again this year.

P-t-B

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

Sorry - I should have said that I would expect a normal Sunday service to run until about 8pm on Christmas Eve.

P-t-B

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,430 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

P-t-B has it right, if the service pattern follows previous years there will be a Sunday service with early finish (around 8pm) on Christmas Eve, and a limited service on route 12 only between approx 09.00 and 18.00 on Boxing Day.

Also, buses usually finish around 8pm on New Year's Eve and do not operate on New Year's Day.

I visit Torquay a lot so I will keep an eye out for this year's details and confirm them when I know.

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,430 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

Full details of Christmas and New Year buses in Torbay & Newton Abbot is now on the Stagecoach website.

stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/south-we…

On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve buses will operate to the Sunday timetable but with an early finish - last buses are around 20.30 although Gold finishes earlier - 17.05 Torquay-Plymouth & 19.05 Plymouth-Torquay, plus 19.05 Torquay-Totnes only.

There are no services on Christmas Day or New Year's Day.

On Boxing Day, only route 12 (Newton Abbot - Torquay - Paignton - Brixham) will operate, with a half-hourly service between approximately 09.00 and 18.00.

On the three weekdays Wednesday 27th, Thursday 28th and Friday 29th all buses operate to the Saturday timetable, except route 13 which will have a normal Monday-Friday school holiday service and will operate to and from Brixham.

Beaminster, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017

Thanks a lot for this information, it's a great help. I'm so glad the no 12 bus is running on Boxing day as that means we will be able to travel down to Torquay

Reply to: Buses at Christmas and New Year 2017
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torquay