We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis in widecombe

canada west coast
Level Contributor
71 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
taxis in widecombe

Does anyone know if there is a taxi service in Widecombe?

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis in widecombe

I'd be very surprised - it's a tiny place.

I was on a walking holiday on Dartmoor last September, ending one day at Widecombe. A friend who didn't walk that day met us there - I believe she got the taxi from Bovey Tracey.

Yell.com shows 3 taxi companies based in Bovey Tracey.

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis in widecombe

Hi,

Apart from a few tea rooms and shops - church and an odd pub or two - there's hardly anything in Widecombe, sorry, forgot to mention the ever present Dartmoor ponies!

Seriously, Widecombe is a small Dartmoor village, so I too doubt there would be a taxi service.

Might we ask why you ask? Are you intending staying in Devon and just want to visit. There will be a local bus service, I know someone has posted Bovey as the nearest taxi service, but in my opinion it would be quite costly to go to Widecome and if you want to go just to see the place - save your money! It's a pretty little place to drive through on a Dartmoor trip, but 15 minutes and you've seen it! I might get shot down in flames for saying this, but apart from one shop, the rest are tacky.

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis in widecombe

There are some lovely walks around Widecombe and a great pub (The Rugglestone). The buses are pretty infrequent but I'm sure you an get there and back by local transport. There are also some rather nice B+Bs if you fancy an overnight stay.

As for taxi services, as has already been said - very doubtful indeed!

Exeter, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis in widecombe

Not directly Widdecombe, but in the Dartmoor National Park see the taxi service:

www.getuthere.net - based in Bovey Tracey and Mortonhampstead.

Numbers: 01647 441143 and 01626 835095

You can even send an itinerary to - sally@getuthere.net

Know the area like the back of their hand.

5. Re: taxis in widecombe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 00:48
Get answers to your questions about Dartmoor National Park