We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Isaac

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Port Isaac

I have found that most pubs in cornwall are dog friendly indeed far better than in the area where we live.

I have been told however that all the pubs in Port Isaac are not dog friendly. I find this most surprising as the people of port isaac are most welcoming or at least they were when I last visited..

As I am this time taking my dog to Port Isaac can anyone prove that I am wrong & that indeed there are any pubs that will allow dogs in.

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Restaurant Nathan Outlaw
₹₹₹₹, Seafood, European, British
Outlaw's Fish Kitchen
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, British
Chapel Cafe
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, British, Cafe
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Isaac

Hi there

here's a great website, it compiles all dog-friendly pubs in England. Only one showing for PI at present is the Golden Lion. I see there's one in Port gaverne too which is just down the road.

www.doggiepubs.org.uk/index.php?5=on#listing

Mentioned in this post
England
England
United Kingdom
The Golden Lion
The Golden Lion
1,011 Reviews
Port Isaac, UK
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
397 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Isaac

I'm surprised that the pubs in Port Isaac are not dog friendly because when we were there a few weeks ago almost every other person had a dog! It seemed like a requirement to visit the place!!

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Isaac

We were allowed to take our dogs into the bar area of the Old School House - food was good there. whatever you do DON'T bother with food from 'The Takeaway' which is opposite The Old School House. We had fish & chips and Pasty and chips. The chips were inedible. Pasty was dry and the batter on the fish was thick and doughy. We threw most of it away.

The Slipway (opposite the harbour) has a large awning with tables and heaters outside so you could eat there - albeit outside and probably on you own! After our takeaway diaster, we had sandwiches ion our holiday rental the following night.

The Merrymore at Mawgan Porth is a popular eating place for people with dogs. Always busy and you can stay there too.

Mentioned in this post
Mawgan Porth
Mawgan Porth
Cornwall, UK
co.durham, england
Level Contributor
414 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Isaac

We were very surprised when we visited Port Isaac, that none of the pubs were letting you take dogs in. We tried The Old School House but they said no as they were way to busy. May have had something to do with it being school holidays, I don't know. Most other places we visited in Cornwall were oaky aboutdogs.

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
5. Re: Port Isaac

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 05:45
Get answers to your questions about Port Isaac