We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cupcakes

Detroit
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Cupcakes

Has anyone been to a tea room called Cupcakes, in Port Isaac? Do they have a cream tea? Or an afternoon tea? Whats it like inside?

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Restaurant Nathan Outlaw
₹₹₹₹, Seafood, European, British
Outlaw's Fish Kitchen
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, British
Chapel Cafe
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, British, Cafe
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,615 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cupcakes

I have never been to Cupcakes, but most places in Cornwall will sell you a cream tea. This is different to afternoon tea, in that it consists of a pot of tea, and some scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream on them.

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall
Cornwall
England, UK
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cupcakes

....and it's traditional, in fact, obligatory that you eat up ALL the cream, even if it has to be piled up two inches high on the scone....:0)

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
920 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cupcakes

If it's where I think it is, I had a cream tea there in the summer with visiting family. It was fine but not what you may be looking for (ref your other post asking about tea rooms) if you're after something special.

Places that I know do real afternoon teas in lovely surroundings include:

The Headland Hotel at Newquay, the St Enodoc Hotel at Rock (nearest to Port Isaac) and Fowey Hall at Fowey (furthest away from Port Isaac on the south coast but a lovely place to visit). For any of these you would be better to book in advance, especially if you want to get a good table with views.

Mentioned in this post
Newquay
Newquay
Cornwall, UK
The St Enodoc Hotel
The St Enodoc Hotel
400 Reviews
Rock, UK
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
Fowey Hall
Fowey Hall
759 Reviews
Fowey, UK
Fowey
Fowey
Cornwall, UK
cornwall
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cupcakes

Hi, we often go to cupcakes. The cakes are homemade and very good. It is in a very picturesque location in the heart of the fishing village of Port Isaac, and it is in a beautiful old fishermans cottage.

Mentioned in this post
Port Isaac
Port Isaac
Cornwall, UK
5. Re: Cupcakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 09:55