We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chester Zoo

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Chester Zoo

I’m looking to stay over in Chester one night this coming weekend with my 17yr old daughter to visit the zoo, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced central hotel with free parking?

Thanks

22 replies to this topic
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Chester Zoo

I couldn't find centrally located hotel with free parking in Chester. Staying at PI Central North was our best bet, and it was such indeed. It's located on the route to the Zoo, yet if willing to explore the Chester Centre, it's only £5-7 worth taxi ride.

Yuri.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Chester Zoo

How "central" do you need it to be? I always stay at the Mill Hotel & Spa, which is very near the centre (about a 10 minute walk to the centre of town), and has free parking, if you book direct. Good value rooms too.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Chester Zoo

Bungle, did you actually park your car at the Mill Hotel&Spa? From what I've been told, it depends on availability, which is very limited. Nobody can guarantee OP vacant parking slot.

Yuri.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Chester Zoo

I don't have a car, I always go by train. That's probably the case with most city centre hotel car parks isn't it?

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: Chester Zoo

I guess, you're right.

Yuri.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
6,060 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Chester Zoo

When you book the room you usually can book a space in the car park. That's what I do.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
13,312 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Chester Zoo

There's no such option with Mill&Spa. I remember calling them by phone about it. "Parking slot depends on availability only" was the reply. This was main reason why I didn't book it then.

Yuri.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
69 reviews
8. Re: Chester Zoo

Just check where the Premier Inn or Travelodge is actually located

For example There a couple on the M56 and A55 which have “Chester” in their name /address but are miles out of town

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Chester Zoo

Thanks everyone, I’ve decided to go with the village at st David’s, it’s out the centre but easy to get to and plenty free parking, we’ll just get a taxi into the centre 😊

Edited: 02 October 2018, 01:00
Chester
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
99 reviews
10. Re: Chester Zoo

Hi Helen,

is that the St David's hotel at Ewloe? Yes it has pleanty of parking and is only a short drive to the zoo. I guess a taxi would be in the region of £20 each way but you can get a bus from about 300 yards away or a little bit further to Hawarden high school you get extra buses.

Reply to: Chester Zoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations