We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Park and Ride

Best Park and Ride

Which is the best Park and Ride if I am coming from Manchester?

5 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Best Park and Ride

Probably Broughton Heath just off the A41 near Christleton. There are clear signposts from M56/M53 just follow them

Chester
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
99 reviews
2. Re: Best Park and Ride

I would not use the park and ride but park at the Race course which is just outside of the city walls and is about £5 a day.

It is easy to find, come to the end of the M56 and the road number changes to A494 and after about 3-4 miles as you aproach the Welsh boarder Chester will be sign posted. It is A548 Sealand road and goes right past the race course, there is also a park and ride on Sealand road just after the turning for Blacon.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Best Park and Ride

3ark...that would be a very circuitous way to approach Chester from Manchester and would add 20-30 minutes and a good few extra miles to the journey.

If the OP wants to drive into the city and then park it would be quicker to come in up Hoole Road (A56) and use the pay and display car park on the right where one would turn right to enter. Brooke Street. The car park I question is on the corner and is entered by turning right at the lights but then right again . Cost £5 for 24 hours and less if the OP is there for less time.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
237 posts
102 reviews
4. Re: Best Park and Ride

I’ve always used the one at the zoo. I don’t know if it’s th best but simple to follow signs

Cheshire - England
Level Contributor
747 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Best Park and Ride

Just another vote for the one at the Zoo, presumably you would be coming along the M56 so simply take the sign to the zoo which makes is ultra easy to find!!

Reply to: Best Park and Ride
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations