We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

Hello I’m writing for my parents, they are looking to stay in Chester for 3 nights in early October and are looking for a good 4-5 star hotels which have big rooms, nice views of the river and the city walls and do nice breakfast in the mornings. Not bothered about price because I’m paying for there stay due to 50th Wedding Anniversary. If you can help us with any ideas that would be great.

12 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

There are no big hotels with views of the river. The Abode comes closest but it has views of the racecourse ( the river is at the other side but mostly out of view. It also has good views of the castle

Edgar House has a beautiful position right on the city walls by the river but is a small boutique hotel. It has won lots of awards. The food there gets good reviews and it would probably be my top choice for what you want if they have availablility

www.edgarhouse.co.uk

The Grosvenor, of course, is THE 5 star hotel in Chester. It is right in the city centre and though close to the walls does not really have good views.. For a luxury stay in Chester it has to be the choice

Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
2. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

Thanks for your help really appreciate it. Have you stayed in Chester before if you have where would you recommend

England
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
1 review
3. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

The Grosvenor hotel is the only 5 star hotel in Chester, it also houses the Simon Radley Restaurant which is Michelin starred, without doubt it would be my choice.

Edited: 13 September 2018, 22:06
Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
6,358 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

With your requirements, I’d go for The Abode.

Mike

Chester
Level Contributor
3,160 posts
99 reviews
5. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

I would go with post 1, as I live here I have never stayed at any of the hotels but for me the Grosvenor would be number 1 because it is next to the city walls and near the shops and restaurants.

Edgar house as mentioned is next to the walls and the river.

The Abode is the new hotel built where the police station was and it has good views over the race course but it is on the junction of a busy roundabout.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
392 reviews
6. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

Queens Hotel City Road

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
164 reviews
7. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

Crowne Plaza is also centrally located,looking a little tired these days but,if it is important to you,I'm told is the only hotel in the centre of Chester with it's own pool.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,651 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

Crowne Plaza is a very good hotel. Centrally located with a great breakfast and excellent swimming pool.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

OP asked for nice views as well as 4+ stars and good breakfast. Neither Queens or Crowne Plaza could claim to have good views.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5,447 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?

The Grosvenor was THE hotel in Chester back when I was at Law School there forty years ago. Since the DE and other locals are still saying it is the one for a luxury break, that would be my choice. It’s also got that traditional look that will probably be more appropriate for a fiftieth than the modern Abode.

Reply to: Best 4-5 star hotel in Chester to stay for 3 nights?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations