We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight parking for canal visit

Bielefeld, Germany
Level Contributor
18 posts
88 reviews
Overnight parking for canal visit

My in laws are on a canal boat holiday stopping in Chester. They have asked us to travel to meet them while they are moored and spend a night on the boat. We are planning to drive straight to the zoo to spend the day there and the following day we are going to do the city sight seeing bus before leaving.

Where would be the best place to park our car for the night while we are on the boat? Can we leave it at the zoo? Any options welcome

1 reply
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Overnight parking for canal visit

I think you are now allowed to leave cars overnight at the park and ride at Upton ( the zoo) but it would be good to double check.

It depends where your in laws will be moored. If they are down I. The canal basin then it is sometimes possible to find on street parking in the surrounding area. They are more likely, however, to be on the stretch just before the Lockkeeper pub in which case your most secure option would be the market car park. Depending on how

late you arrive and how early you leave the next morning it can be as little as £3 overnight.

However if you plan to spend time in Chester the next day - and, by the way the tour bus is not the best option for seeing Chester as for the most part it can not enter the city centre but must go round outside the walls - there is a cheaper option. Come into Chester via A56 (Hoole Road). As you approach the city centre the road goes over the railway and become a dual carriageway. Keep right at the first lights over the railway. Go right and right again to enter a surface pay and display car park which is only £5 for 24 hours co tinge walking a couple of hundred yards up the dual carriageway and it crosses the canal where all the visitors moor

Edited: 26 August 2018, 16:57
Reply to: Overnight parking for canal visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chester
Recent Conversations