We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Hi!

Can anybody tell me which is the cheapest way to go from Chirk to Cheshire Oaks?

Thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Can you let us know whether you have a car or not. It is a complicated journey by public transport.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
2. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Hi! Thank you for replying. No, I don't have a car. I was thinking of taking the train from Chirk to Chester, and then the number 1 bus straight away to Cheshire Oaks, but I don't know if the bus station is the same with the train station and I don't know how long it will take. I want to go shopping there as I've heard they have some nice deals. Also, I don't know how much a bus ticket is for this destination.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
3. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Yes you can take the train into Chester then the number 1 bus to Cheshire Oaks. The only complication is that it is a 10 minute walk from Chester rail station to the bus stop. The best tool (with deatiled maps) for planning the journey is:

www.traveline-northwest.co.uk

Sorry I'm not sure what the current bus fare from Chester to Cheshire Oaks is but I guess it's around £2.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
4. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Thank you for replying. I checked and there is a shuttle from the railway to the station. The alternative route would be to go to Ellesmere Port and then take a bus, but I thought it would be more cumbersome as I have to change two trains.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Yes, you have chosen the most direct method by public transport. There is a shuttle bus from Chester railway station to Frodsham Street in the city centre. There is now a cost for this service.

From Frodsham Street you will need to get to the bus station which is behind the Town Hall. The quickest way to do this is to cut through to Frodsham Street carpark (behind the shops on the right of the street, not the M&S side ) then up onto or through the walls and walk up either side of the cathedral. You should see the Town Hall then. If not ask someone.

The most direct way from Chirk to Cheshire Oaks is by canal- no changes etc - but it would take several days!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
6. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

Thank you!! Much appreciated.

7. Re: Cheshire Oaks from Chirk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 16:45
Get answers to your questions about Cheshire
Recent Conversations