We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
33 posts
The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

As soon as I check into my Cambridge hotel on May 22, estimatation about 1PM, I will ask the hotel clerk where the RB Hop On Hop Off stops and then I will Hop On, and relax and ride it that afternoon.

Question: Are there any good places along the RB HOHO route to get off to site see on my first day in Cambridge, and where would be a good place to buy a light lunch of English food, maybe a pie, a Toad in the Hole, along with some English ale?

Thank You !

s/ Pete M.

2 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

Well given your comments in other posts, I would assume that the American Cemetery at Madingley would be a major point as it is a stop on the HOHO route.

Given you arrive on the 22nd, and want traditional British food and drinks then I can only recommend the beer festival that starts on Monday....vast array of ales and a fair amount of traditional food options including pies and cheeses (cheddar you can hammer nails in with, not put in a spray can).

Otherwise the two places to eat of that kind in the city that I would suggest you look up are the Pint Shop in the centre of the city behind the guildhall and the Cambridge Brew House on Kings Street a bit north of the market square. Both have decent online websites to examine the menus in advance.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2. Re: The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

Reply Saved to = WW2, 8AF, 2Air Division, 398Bomb Group Reunion Cambridge 2018

Thank You !!!

Reply to: The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted