We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

As soon as I check into my Cambridge hotel on May 22, estimatation about 1PM, I will ask the hotel clerk where the RB Hop On Hop Off stops and then I will Hop On, and relax and ride it that afternoon.

Question: Are there any good places along the RB HOHO route to get off to site see on my first day in Cambridge, and where would be a good place to buy a light lunch of English food, maybe a pie, a Toad in the Hole, along with some English ale?

Thank You !

s/ Pete M.

Mentioned in this post
Cambridge
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire, UK
2 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,384 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Red Bus Hop On Hop Off

Well given your comments in other posts, I would assume that the American Cemetery at Madingley would be a major point as it is a stop on the HOHO route.

Given you arrive on the 22nd, and want traditional British food and drinks then I can only recommend the beer festival that starts on Monday....vast array of ales and a fair amount of traditional food options including pies and cheeses (cheddar you can hammer nails in with, not put in a spray can).

Otherwise the two places to eat of that kind in the city that I would suggest you look up are the Pint Shop in the centre of the city behind the guildhall and the Cambridge Brew House on Kings Street a bit north of the market square. Both have decent online websites to examine the menus in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Pint Shop
Pint Shop
1,098 Reviews
Cambridge, UK
The Cambridge Brew House
The Cambridge Brew House
685 Reviews
Cambridge, UK
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
33 posts