We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and breakfast

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
764 posts
203 reviews
Bed and breakfast

Hi we are a family of five ( teenage girls) visiting Cambridge. We are coming from Canada.

We have two nights - Friday and Saturday, first week of August.

We would like to do panting on River Cam and to see the University. Any recommendation of lodging close to the University? We tried the college lodgings but there are all single rooms. Prefer bed and breakfast to hotels. Budget about £60 per person.

We are also all ears for any other itinerary suggestions.

Thanks so much.

7 replies to this topic
Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
2,090 reviews
1. Re: Bed and breakfast

Have a look at link, you should find something to your needs 🙂

https:/…

Edited: 11 May 2018, 11:31
Cambridge
Level Contributor
162 posts
140 reviews
2. Re: Bed and breakfast

Howlo's reply............ .great re accom , hope you find what you need

Re University..please know that these are not one building but rather many, spread around town at different Colleges. Maybe check out which ones you actually want to see/visit.... King's in the usual first one, due to the chapel.

I would also recommend the Fitzwilliam Museum .... free and wonderful if history/art is an interest.... we are regular visitors as have travelling exhibits. Duxford Air Museum, outside town is also a wonderful day out...check the website.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy your brief stay........and want to return

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
764 posts
203 reviews
3. Re: Bed and breakfast

Thank you so much. Yes we like history not so much art. Look through the lodging - not all has parking on site. Will filter through again.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
764 posts
203 reviews
4. Re: Bed and breakfast

Currently looking at travelodge and premier inn. There are three premier inn - may I ask which one is closest to the city centre?

Thanks.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
10,675 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Bed and breakfast

The CambridgeCity East is the only one sensibly walkable from the city centre. The Girton North one is on a decent bus route though.

england
Level Contributor
6,687 posts
129 reviews
6. Re: Bed and breakfast

After you've had a look at Kings nip around the back and visit Clare college gardens, they are restful.

If the teenagers are aged under 16 then they eat free with a paying adult at premier inns. You could also look at the holiday inns/ holiday inn express - outside the centre but on a bus route/ near the park and ride.

Remember than unlike Canada prices here include tax and we dont have the same tipping culture. Dont tip for mediocre service.

Some college have twin rooms but they have probably booked out by now.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
764 posts
203 reviews
7. Re: Bed and breakfast

Thanks so much. I am getting a rate of £800 for two nights two rooms at Holiday Inn. But these are queen rooms so not sure how it will work out for the fifth person. I will e mail to check. Unlike North America it seems that double queen beds are very difficult to find. Most B&B either can’t accommodate all five of us or they are very expensive.

Reply to: Bed and breakfast
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted