We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

Where can I take out my cousin for a Saturday night in Cambridge for a few drinks where we won't be the oldest ladies there (both in late 40's). She's coming to visit in May, I haven't seen in years. I have recently moved to Trumpington and rarely go "out-out". Need a balance between heaving with 20 somethings and no vibe. Any suggestions? Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

The Pint Shop . The Bath and The Eagle .all very close to each other and all could be just what you are looking for .For a special occasion and if the weather is good start at The Varsity rooftop bar

Cambridge
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

Head to Regent St, Prince Regent, The old Bicycle shop,all bar one The Castle.

Ely, UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

Thank you!

Cambridge
Level Contributor
149 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

Hiya

I too would say the Varsity and the Eagle........ enjoy both when I manage into town

Have Fun

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

There's a great little bar called 12A on Market Square. Right above the restaurant Don Pasquale. Staff are great and the drinks are incredible!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

Here are a few options - The Prince Regent and the Eagle as mentioned above. The Mill overlooking the mill pond. The Salisbury Arms near the station

If you are in Trumpington you could also walk down to Grantchester and go to the Green Man or the Red Lion. Both are a couple of minutes from the river

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks

For a slightly different idea not already mentioned - try the Piano Bar on Regent Street at DeLuca Cucina restaurant. From there most of the suggestions people have made are definitely walkable, so you can easily skip to the next one.

Reply to: Saturday Night out- Too old for clubs too young for Horlicks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted