We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

Hi

We're a family of four travelling from London (we'll be staying at County Hall near Waterloo) and will be staying at Paris Disneyland for a few days.

Would we be best to get the Eurostar from St Pancras, or fly to Paris?

I checked Eurostar's website and they don't have the direct London to Disneyland Paris service available on the day we will be travelling, so I would need to arrive in Paris and then organize a transfer to Disneyland (would you suggest a shuttle bus from the station, or another train to the station at Disneyland?)

We will have four suitcases with us.

I have been in touch with Eurostar and they advised that there will be an option to change trains at Lille and then going to Disneyland (this means changing platforms with suitcases).

So following options -

Option 1 - Fly to Paris, then shuttle from airport to Disneyland (but still have to make time to get from London hotel to airport and wait before flight)

Option 2 - Eurostar to Paris, shuttle from Paris station to hotel

Option 3 - Eurostar to Paris, change train at Paris to Disneyland

Option 4 - Eurostar to Paris Disneyland via Lille (changing trains/platform at Lille)

Thanks for any advice!

7 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

Option 4 is best. Lille is not the most attractive station in the world but, unless there is a very long time to wait between trains, changing platforms there will be much better than trundling luggage around your other options

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

Great, thank you so much! Option 4 it is.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,840 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

At Lille you have to change stations, don't you? Not just platforms....

Though the two stations are pretty close to each other...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
4. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

We would also like to see some of the sights in the city, I wonder if we’re best get the Eurostar to Paris, put our suitcases in luggage lockers, explore Paris, and then get the Train to Paris Disneyland? That gives us two full days at Disneyland, from there we will be heading to Austria.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,223 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

>At Lille you have to change stations, don't you?<< No. Both Eurostar and TGV use Lille Europe.

If you wanted, you could put your luggage in the luggage storage at Gare du Nord and have a look around Paris. From Gare du Nord, you have to take RER Line B one stop south to Chatalet Les Halles, where there is cross-platform interchange with RER Line A to Marbe-la-Vallée (DLP).

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
6. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

Sounds great, thank you so much for the info. The Eurostar to Disneyland via Lille sounds convenient, but the option to store our luggage at Paris and then get the RER may be better for us because we’ll get the early morning Eurostar and won’t be able to check in to the hotel until the afternoon anyway (leaving a bit of time to see the main sights). I’m wondering if a hop on-hop off bus might be suitable (with two children who don’t like to walk too much)?

Thank you all so much!

Cardiff, United...
1 post
7. Re: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland

I have flown to Paris many times to visit Disneyland. A shuttle is a great option if you fly to Paris Orly, however, if you fly to Charles de Gaulle you can take the train to Disneyland Paris. It works out so well, last time we walked off the plane collected our bags and within twenty minutes of landing we were on the train which leaves from within the airport. It's a TGV train so it literally takes 10 minutes and then you arrive at the same station you would if you chose the Eurostar. (Right outside the Parks). You can find all of the details on my latest blog post, 'A Complete Guide to Disneyland Paris'. If you want to do some sightseeing while you're there too, I have also written about a day trip to Paris from Disneyland:

Take a look - https:/…

You might also be interested in my post, 'The Ultimate Itinerary For A Day In Paris' - https://escapingreality.co.uk/the-ultimate-i…

I hope they help :)

Edited: 26 September 2018, 04:19
Reply to: Travel from London to Paris Disneyland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted