We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eastham or truro ?

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
eastham or truro ?

I love oceans and love sandy beaches a good book and a chair and Im set yet I keep reading alot of noise about how hard it is to reach coastguard beach (shuttles and such) but he area of eastham appeals, then my question is truro more remote not as crowded Im not so afraid of cold water but would like an easy walk to the beach and just be in my own personal heaven dont even want to drive a car any sugesstions oh and i guess, which one has more town-for walking at night I like that too,but doesnt really look like truro has a big town? just traveling with sister no kids 1st week of july

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
12,580 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eastham or truro ?

You are right about the shuttle parking at Coast Guard and everything that you have said. That's why we just go right on to Nauset Beach in East Orleans. Pretty much on all Cape beaches you can sit with the crowd at the major entrance or you can walk down the beach beyond the lifeguard stations and be on your own even in high season. There are also two or three motels right there at the beach. You can call one and, if it is not available for the time you want then ask them for the names of the others. From these properties you can walk to the beach. To get you started here's: www.capecodtravel.com/nausetknoll or 508-255-2364. Unbelievable location, clean, not luxury. Then, driving just a few minutes in the other direction, you can drive into Orleans which, though not large, has more dining and other options for you than would Truro and Eastham. You can also not only have lunch on the beach but Liam's beach shack with lots of variety is open for dinner as well. On Monday nights in season there is a concert there on the beach too. Dining very close by that you might enjoy would be Joe's Beach Road Bar & Grille and several others in town along with shopping in the cute little town. I hope you find exactly what you want. i think you will.

2. Re: eastham or truro ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:47