We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
14 reviews
For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

Well after many years of producing, what is in my opinion, the most comprehensive, must-have guidebook for Cape Cod and the Islands, Kim Grant is finally going interactive with a web site that is soon to be launched! The Explorer's Guide (in book form) is the best professional guidebook I have ever used and hopefully the web version will supplement the great information given here on the forum about the Cape and Islands. I can highly recommend her advice as I have used it many times and have never been disappointed. To get on her e-mail list to be notified of the web-site launch go to

kimgrant.com/an_explorers_guide/index.html

Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard
684 Reviews
from US$ 105.00*
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
138 Reviews
from US$ 57.00*
US$ 60.00
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
872 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

I just bookmarked it to read later. Looks great.

thanks!

Martha

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
168 reviews
2. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

thanks, YB!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
60 reviews
3. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

ohhh looks promising. nice post!

Level Contributor
380 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

Thankyou I am going to order her book now. This will probably answer any questions I have about booking my upcoming weekend. I have only gotten two responses to my post.

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

I love Kim Grant's book too. Here's just an example of what she suggests for a morning's exploration of beautiful and historic Sandwich:

<<< 10:30 -- Fill glass or stainless containers with clear water from the local artesian fountain.

10.45 -- Feed ducks, geese and swans at Shawme Pond.>>>

The artesian fountain was quite special when we were there last and Shawme Pond is gorgeous. Great stuff!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
550 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

I keep a copy at my salon. Clients always ask me, "what should I do this weekend, Jim?" I just put Kim's book in their hands and they wander off to another Cape Cod adventure.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

I found her book at Barnes and Noble a couple of weeks ago, planning our one and only trip to Cape Cod. It has become my armchair guide! It lists ONLY the Cape, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket and is a MUST read.(Much better than a Fodor's or Frommers) With it, and all the wonderful input from TripAdvisor members, we should have the BEST trip ever. That book, plus the great info from everyone here, will be in hand throughout our stay.

Highly recommended book!

pd

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

I used to work with Kim's Mom and boy, was she proud of her daughter. Good to hear that she's keeping up the fine work

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
872 posts
110 reviews
9. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

I bought the book today and can't wait to read it and plan lots of day trips to get to know other Cape towns better. I have not been in Falmouth for years or the Vineyard. I've got some catching up to do!

Thanks for the hot tip yellowbird.

Martha

10. Re: For great professional advice about the Cape...Kim Grant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 09:49
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod
Recent Conversations