We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Beaches with the Warmest Water

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Beaches with the Warmest Water

I'm looking for advice on the best Cape beaches, more specifically, I'm looking for the best beach with the warmest water. A friend recommended Old Silver Beach, but I'm wondering what others are recommended... I'd also like to stay in a place where there're B&Bs or hotels either on or w/i walking distance to the beach. For a frame of reference, I love Crane Beach in Ipswich, and I love dunes. For those who are familiar with Lake Michigan, I'm looking for something similar to Clear Water beach in the Saugatuck/Douglas area.

Thanks!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Beaches with the Warmest Water

If you're used to Crane's Beach, the warmth of the water on the Cape shouldn't be much of a problem.

In general, the Bay tends to be warmer though. I'm sure some NOAA site on the web woould have water temps (I'm too lazy to check ;)

Sounds to me that 6A between South Dennis and P-Town'd be a good strech for you.

Chill (or not)

K

Boston...
Level Contributor
34 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Beaches with the Warmest Water

Actually, the water at Crane Beach is freezing! I should have specified that I like that beach b/c of the beach itself, so I'm looking for a place like that, but with warmer water.

Thanks!