We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?

Hi all,

We are going to be staying in Torri Del Benaco mid July with a hire car and are planning on a day trip to Venice. For convenience I had planned to take a train from Peschiera del Garda into Venezia S. Lucia (driving down to Peschiera in hire car).

But, it actually doesn't look much further on map to drive to Verona and take the train.

Simple question - which is easier to get to, more convenient/less hassle to catch the train - going from Pescheira or Verona?

Many thanks,

Mark

4 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?

Peschiera del Garda is a shorter journey and less hassle but there will be more trains from Verona. There is a bus from a Torri del Benaco direct to Venice on Tuesday to Friday each week which would be even less hassle.

…verona.it/flex/…134

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?

Hiya,

Thanks for reply! I had read about the bus - have you done it before? Is it a comfortable journey (wee have 2 kids 10 & 14)

I guess just the thought of multiple stops, rather than a direct fast train put me off?

Although, driving to Peshchiera and getting train doesn’t actually work out a lot quicker than the bus journey?!

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7,099 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?

Sorry, we have never visited Venice from the lake, though many people do by both the bus and the train. From Torri del Benaco you will have a drive of at least 45 minutes to Peschiera or at least 50/60 minutes to Verona, you need to allow extra for either journey to allow for parking, traffic, etc. The bus only picks up as far as Peschiera then heads straight to Venice. Overall the journey times are very similar whichever way you do it.

You may be interested in this topic regarding Venice limiting the number of visitors. It might be worth keeping an eye on any developments.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?

Thanks again 👍

Reply to: Train to Venice from Peschiera or Verona?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda