We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butchart Gardens

ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Butchart Gardens

If my husband and I wanted to go from Seattle to Butchart Gardens by ourselves - how difficult would it be.

We could also go from Vancouver.

Thank you

Ginny

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,884 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Butchart Gardens

Hi Nysnowy ~

Will you have a car? What time of year? How much time will you have to spend? Where will you be arriving, Seattle or Vancouver? Advice may be different depending on that.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,308 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butchart Gardens

from downtown Seattle you just take the

victoriaclipper.com

goes direct to downtown Victoria and you can buy a direct ticket right to the gardens. Its passenger only, but you wouldn't need a car anyway as everything is right there, I do this a lot and the time is about the same even from Vancouver when you factor in the driving, wait for the ferry then ferry ride over plus drive to gardens and into downtown Victoria. Sort of depends on where your starting from.

Victoria B.C.
Level Contributor
332 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butchart Gardens

Hi Ginny,

If you take the Clipper from downtown Seattle to downtown Victoria, then you can either take public transportation out there (about 1 hour one way), take a tour bus, or a taxi (believe that would cost about $50 one way).

If you come over from Vancouver you can sometimes take a public bus directly to the gardens. The ferry is a lot closer to the gardens than the Clipper, so a taxi may cost about $25.

This all depends on the time of day and month that you are travelling.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butchart Gardens

It is a bit of a challenge getting from Vancouver to Vancouver Island by public transportation. (Is that what you meant by "by ourselves"?) You would take the ferry from Tsawwassen (about 40 minutes south of Vancouver) to Swartz Bay. If you are staying in downtown Vancouver, you would take the Canada Line (rapid transit, partly underground) to Bridgeport Station and then catch the #620 bus to Tsawwassen. The ferry ride, itself, is lovely, but about 90 minutes long. You would then take the #81 bus from Swartz Bay to Butchart Gardens (or taxi as suggested by a previous poster) -

bctransit.com/regions/…

All in all, allow 4 hours each way.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butchart Gardens

We have gone to Butchart Gardens from both Seattle and Vancouver-IF090 is abosolutely right, a lot easier from downtown Seattle. Buchart Gardens and the Empress afternoon Tea are some of our favorite things in Victoria-please dn't tell me the Tea is touristy-i don't really care, we just love it!

Reply to: Butchart Gardens
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Central Saanich
Recent Conversations