We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?

Pemberton, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?

Has anyone traveled from Harrison Hotsprings to Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR / Forest Service Road lately?

I understand the last 20 miles to Port Douglas at the Northern end of Harrison lake are still rough, but the Skookumchuck / Pemberton side is apparently much better - but you still need a 4x4 o all wheel drive with good clearance. I `ve heard they`ve widened the whole stretch along Lillooet Lake to 2 lanes + 2 x 1/2 lane shoulders, so really 3 lanes.

Tip: Check ahead of traveling Official Government Road Report site for FSRs / Forest Service Roads: https:/…roadinformation.htm

4 replies to this topic
1 post
1. Re: Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?

we just crossed from pemberton via in-SHUCK-ch FSR to Agassiz/Saaqwatch ...driiving through port douglas FSR following si'aset FSR (65 km).. the hike needs loads of gas,food,and 4X4..

You have to follow the yellow KM up/down sign .

otherwise you will be lost.

some places ,there are 3 ways , but go straight crossong single lane bridge.Pretty rough.....

there is no cellphone coverage, no GPS will work.

U gotta drive real slow .

i drove through with my 2014 Nissan Pathfinder .

Reached Surrey from Pemberton without a single scratch or tyre.

but u need real good tyre...the all season tire i have but better u drive with mountain tire or dirt road tyre to come home .

the scenery and ride is very exciting.

Neal Everest from Nepal.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
28,114 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?

Welcome to Trip Advisor Neal!

You actually found a thread that is over a year old. And TA typically closes them down, when they are a year old!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,872 posts
1 review
3. Re: Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?

Didn't someone just put their RV down a ravine on that road this past weekend killing two people in the process?

I believe they missed a bridge @ stupid o'clock of the AM.

Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
4. Re: Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?

I went through there yesterday. There is a recent bridge repair with two white crosses.

Reply to: Anyone traveled Harrison>Pemberton on In-SHUCK-ch FSR?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pemberton