We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eastern Township Roads ?

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

Hello fellow travellers, hoping you can help, wife & I are checking out road trips for the autumn colours, 1st week in Oct, starting in Bromont ? for a few days then ?? maybe Vermont for a day or two, or day trips ? now my question , I'll be driving a lowered convertible , we were up in Sudbury a few weeks ago and ended up in a muffler shop, the roads leave something to be desired , what are the road really like in & around the Eastern Townships & northern Vermont ? I love my" VERT" doesn't need to be bowling lane smooth, but several hundred miles a day over bumpy old roads is not what were looking for !

Many Thanks for any info,

Safe Travels !

9 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
32 helpful votes
1. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

You will find the roads much the same as those you experienced around Sudbury. The roads aren't necessarily old but they suffer from weather damage every year. Cracks and pot holes are to be expected throughout the Eastern Townships and on similar country roads in Vermont. A lowered convertible is going to hit more and harder than one that hasn't been lowered and it's not easy to avoid all pot holes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,493 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

They are hit or miss. Lots of roads you see on maps are actually dirt too so consider that when planning out routes if it matters. Ironically the dirt roads can be better than the tar ones other than the chance of throwing up a rock.

I've cycled probably around 4000 miles in the Eastern Townships and Vt and never been on a real road I wouldn't take my car on though.....but then again I have no idea what a VERT is and what kind of surface it can tolerate.

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

Thanks for the info, don't like the sounds of same as Sudbury ! agreed on the verts hard hit & are heavier, unfortunately I've been spoiled by roads thru Nevada & Arizona etc.

Safe Travels Everyone !

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
69 reviews
35 helpful votes
4. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

I drive in the Eastern Townships roads all the time and I have a nice car... and I don't have any problem with any road... even a small one... Don't drive like a maniac... and you will avoid any problem, especially on small country roads.

Edited: 6 years ago
Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

I'm a senior ! LOL ^^^

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
6,362 posts
69 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

What is your point???

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

Point is , seniors do not drive like Maniac's !

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
24 reviews
79 helpful votes
8. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

I don't think any roads are as bad as Sudbury!!!

I live in Sudbury and they are pretty much the worst roads anywhere... and we drive a lot of places!

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Eastern Township Roads ?
Save

I'll have to agree with you ! , when I was in getting my muffler re adjusted the gent was telling me it has something to do with the type of asphalt they used ?? feel for you folks !

Reply to: Eastern Township Roads ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bromont