We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Hatley lodging--need updated info

Rockville, MD
Level Contributor
794 posts
291 reviews
North Hatley lodging--need updated info

Since the last post in this forum was 2012, I don't know if anyone is watching for new posts, but here goes: My husband and I would like to visit the Eastern Townships for 2 or 3 nights in June, on our way from Montreal to Quebec City. North Hatley seems to have charming lodging options, but some of the most appealing ones don't have reviews more recent than 2-3 years ago. I'm thinking specifically of B&B Villa Massawippi and La Raveaudiere. Does anyone know if they are still in business and still worth staying at?

The other places we are considering are Manoir Le Tricorne, Manoir Hovey, and Le Chat Botte--they do have more recent reviews, but any additional comments are welcome.

I would also like to know if North Hatley is a convenient place to stay for visiting Mount Pinacle in Coaticook as well as visiting Magog River Gorge and Saint Benedict Abbey in Sherbrooke. I know that Coaticook and Sherbrooke are different directions from North Hatley, so we would probably split those destinations into 2 days.

3 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,428 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: North Hatley lodging--need updated info

They have websites... you should contact the owners... http://www.bbvillamassawippi.com/ and http://www.laraveaudiere.com/

and they are listed on the BBCanada website: bbcanada.com/quebec/…north_hatley

It is easy to go around all these places from North Hatley. Btw: The Saint Benedict Abbey is not exactly in Sherbooke. st-benoit-du-lac.com/coordonnees/coordonnees…

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
5,019 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: North Hatley lodging--need updated info

All I'll say with Manor Hovey, which I love, is that breakfast and dinner are included and bring your appetite. The food is spectacular but you will be stuffed. Great location on the lake also.

JDP

Rockville, MD
Level Contributor
794 posts
291 reviews
3. Re: North Hatley lodging--need updated info

I did contact B&B Villa Massawippi and made a reservation, so they are still in business. But I guess I should have clarified that what I really hoped to find out is why there have been no reviews on Trip Advisor (or anywhere else that I could find) in a couple of years. I was hoping that someone from the local area would know if there was a problem with this B&B. I rely on Trip Advisor to help me decide where to stay, and normally I avoid places that don't have recent reviews. But in this case the B&B and the owners sound so nice that I will take a chance.

Reply to: North Hatley lodging--need updated info
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Hatley