We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

I'm considering a road trip from Western MA through the Eastern Townships to Quebec City. I've been to Montreal and the Laurentians, so don't want to re-trace steps if possible. What should I be sure to do. I'm a foodie, by the way, and would likely spend more on a meal than on a room. I'm not at all opposed to great accomodations, but don't totally require them either. Thanks, Claire

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,983 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

Hi Claire, the Eastern Townships are a pretty area offering year round activity. For more on what to do their I would first suggest visiting the website easterntownships.org. If you are a wine lover their is a wine trail you can follow and stop at some local wineries and sample and/or buy their wares.

For foodies, I know that Manoir Hovey in Hatley offers one of the best restaurants in the area and is highly regarded. In fact we are staying there in a few weeks. It is a bit expensive but the cost includes both dinner and breakfast. It is also situated on a beautiful lake with lots of activites. You don't have to stay there to eat there as I know you can find less expensive accomodations in nearby Magog.

I don't know how long you plan on staying in the area, but in the trip I mentioned above we are only staying in the area 2 nights before heading towards Montreal, and then QC.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

JDP

MA
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

Thanks so much. Safe travels! - Claire

3. Re: One week road trip through Eastern Townships to Quebec City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 12:47
Get answers to your questions about North Hatley
More North Hatley Topics