We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for sights and stay

Calgary
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
suggestions for sights and stay

My husband and I are travelling to Quebec Oct 7-16. We plan on staying in Montreal for 3 days and renting a car to explore Eastern Townships and maybe Mont Tremblant area. We're looking for historic towns and some nice walking/hiking. We were wondering about a few nights in Knowlton or North Hatley. Do you have recommendations for sights and inns (around $100-$120)?

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Eastern Townships
Eastern Townships
Quebec, Canada
Mont Tremblant
Mont Tremblant
Quebec, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for sights and stay

Hi Woodnut,

Here are a variety of suggestions:

1- Pull up GOOGLE MAPS for North Hatley and then use the SEARCH NEARBY function to find accomodations... try various keywords like - B&B - Inn - Auberge. A series of red dots will come up and you can click on each one for more info (many have websites). This is a good way to locate the smaller otherwise not as well listed places (remember although the Eastern Townships is predominently English speaking, this is French Canada, so not all the establishments will know of or use English Canada resources). This is one situation where "GOOGLE is your friend" in that it can transcend the language boundary and help you to find things (be it on GOOGLE MAPS or with the regular GOOGLE Search Engine).

2- As an example, here's a website I found for B&Bs in the area... www.bedandbreakfastnorthhatley.ca/

3- Ontario Finest Inns & Spas has a listing for 2 nearby properties, although members in this group are usually quite expensive and have received awards for Accomodations and / or Dining (ie CAA / AAA Diamond Awards, Hotel Awards etc).

Auberge Ripplecove Inn = Ayer's Cliff, QC www.ripplecove.com

Manoir Hovey = North Hatley, QC www.manoirhovey.com

I am a VIP Member (having stayed at a variety of their properties) and can state that all todate have been amazing for us.

3- Bonjour Quebec has lots of info on the Eastern Townships... www.bonjourquebec.com

For example, I played around with it for a bit and found this listing for Food & Lodging Info for the Eastern Townships:

bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/…

4- Two other Eastern Townships Websites that might be helpful:

www.easterntownships.org

http://www.easterntownships-travelguide.com/

5- As I said you might have to do some research on your own... I don't think there is an TA Rep in the Townships... a lot of DEs like myself "sort of know" the area because of may have done a day-trip, driven thru or paid a short visit (in my case I have skied in the region... and it also my primary access to skiing in VT & NH - Autoroute 55 South to the Border).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Mentioned in this post
Eastern Townships
Eastern Townships
Quebec, Canada
Manoir Hovey
Manoir Hovey
1,309 Reviews
North Hatley, Canada
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for sights and stay

Jeez you're good with links Wine4-2, nothing more to add for that area unless you, woodnut places other more specific queries about your discoveries.

3. Re: suggestions for sights and stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2010, 09:48
Get answers to your questions about North Hatley