We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for things to do near Edson

toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Topic
Looking for things to do near Edson

I'm staying with friends in Edson for 10 days and wonder if anyone has any ideas on what to do.

I'll be having a good visit with my friends and I'm sure they will have great ideas on what to do.

But I wonder if anyone knows any hidden treasures to do.

I won't be going for overnight trips.. but staying in Edson at their place. and enjoying being there ... but lookinf for any ideas...

thanks.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for things to do near Edson

Kodi

I don't want to make any assumptions, so I'll point out the obvious. Edson is near Jasper National Park. (You mention no overnight trips, so I guess Via rail to there is out; trains don't run daily). Here's a site with some ideas: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154917-c16200/Jasper…

Besides day trip drives for all the mountain scenery, there's Miette Hot Springs in that area.

pc.gc.ca/regional/…miette_E.asp

Mentioned in this post
Jasper National Park
Jasper National Park
Canadian Rockies, Canada
Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for things to do near Edson

There's also William Switzer Provincial Park, which is located north of Hinton, on Hwy #40.

Mentioned in this post
Hinton
Hinton
Canadian Rockies, Canada
toronto,on
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for things to do near Edson

Abtraveller, Hmmm, maybe I could make it in one overnight on VIA!!!

Thanks for the ideas. Yes, Jasper is on our list for sure. We did that in a day trip a couple of years ago. We were staying in Edson for a couple of days. This time I'm visiting for longer.

Thanks Judy for the name of the park. I'm not familiar with it. I'll check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Jasper
Jasper
Jasper National Park, Canada
4. Re: Looking for things to do near Edson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 16:50
Get answers to your questions about Edson
;