We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

I have been to Kingfisher 6 times at least in the last 3 years. I have no idea what people have to complain about. I have read some of the reviews and cannot understand the complaints. I have NEVER had a problem with staying at this resort.

The spa is WONDERFUL!! The therapists are polite, energetic, considerate and kind. I have had just about every treatment that you can have at this spa and I have never found one that I have disliked. I do think you should be careful in what you choose, as some peoples preferences are different then others but the services are the bomb. I dare anybody not to be in a complete relaxation haze on their walk back to their room after their treatment whatever it may be. I have to mention the Hydropath for a truly unique experience. It is totally water based but is a real experience.

The pool is fantastic and includes a beautiful steam cave and a gorgeous sauna. The pool has a waterfall in it that you can put your head and shoulders under for a complete water massage. The hot tub is always hot and totally relaxing. They have deck chairs everywhere so you can totally relax by the pool.

The restaurant is very west coast and very calm and relaxing. The food is wonderful and is first class in my opinion. You have a great choice of menu items and everything is done beautifully. The breakfast buffet if you are lucky enough to be there whn they have it is well worth the money. If you like seafood, this is where to go and get it.

The rooms are great no matter where you stay. The oceanside rooms which are the ones that are up from the beach are lovely, with patios and lovely deck chairs to sit out on and watch the ocean. The beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are big enough are well stocked with lots of nice little goodies.

The beach front rooms are beautiful and are right on the beach. They cost a little more but are well worth the money. They are all done with beautiful woods and are very west coasty in nature. It is lovely to be able to walk on the beach in the day and watch the sun setting at night. Sometimes you might even get the treat of seeing a sea lion or seal right in front of you. You can often look up in the trees surrounding the resort and catch eagles looking right down at you.

The only thing that would be my suggestion is, don't expect this resort to be a real treat for the kids. It is more adult based and adult oriented. You can take children but you would have to keep the kids on the beach for most of the time or take them into Courtenay or Comox for other things to do. The pool is only available for children for an hour in the morning and I think an hour in the evening. But there is a fantastic wave pool in Comox so if you don't mind taking the kids on many outings then I would tell you to stay here with them. But if you want a place where the kids can really enjoy themselves too I would suggest somewhere different.

The shopping in Courtenay is great!! There is a truly cool street (5th street) that is a real treat to walk along and shop on. They have lovely little unique stores that are a real pleasure to browse in. They have some fantastic consignment stores too that are a lot of fun to shop in. There is a Wal Mart and a Winners at the beginning of Courtenay which is only a 5 minute drive from Kingfisher. So that is a plus too.

My entire opion of the Kingfisher is a very positive one!! I would give them my two thumbs up plus all my fingers and toes. It is truly a pleasure and a treat to go there!!! It is especially nice for those who are going as couples on a romantic retreat, mothers who need a very deserved rest, or spa parties for the girls!! Have fun and enjoy your experience!!

BC Okanagan
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

My Best friend loves it too.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

Quinnsmommy

You probably want to put this as a review rather than on the forum.Good review too and I agree its a great spot.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

Thanks for the message!! I tried to put it up in the review area but it wouldn't work for some reason. I will try again

Comox, B.C.
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

We stayed at the Kingfisher last summer. The room was tiny, very average and realllllly overpriced. The spa is very overpriced. We were disappointed and wouldn't stay there again.

5. Re: Kingfisher is THE SPA to go to

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 01:48
Get answers to your questions about Courtenay
More Courtenay Topics