We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos

I have read the reviews on Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos but I would like more concrete feedback before booking there.

My husband and I are interested in staying at the motel for about five nights, at the very beginning of August.

I have seen the location of the motel on the map, but I'm still not quite sure where the motel is relative to downtown, swimming areas, shopping, etc.? Is there a busy highway nearby? Is it noisy? Is it mostly for older couples and families? We are not party animals but we are also not that old:) (early to mid-thirties).

We also want just a standard room. Are the rooms in a decent shape? We mostly care that they are clean!

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,683 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos

http://www.osoyooslakeview.com/

While you're waiting for some specific answers, have a look at all the photos of the motel inside and out. It's not on Hwy 97 or Hwy 3, and is very close to the beach.

Click on "larger view" of the map, then choose satellite view. Zoom in a bit and get a very good look at the neighbourhood.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos

Thanks. I have already checked the website, but sometimes it's hard to tell exactly what you're getting into by simply looking at the web presentation. Are there any other motels in this price range that are clean and at a decent location (i.e., close to swimming areas, perhaps a few shops and not by a noisy highway, etc.? How is Lakeview compared to Richter Pass, for example??

Thank you!

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos

I've never stayed at the Lakeview Hotel but can comment on the location. We have stayed across the street at the Safari Beach for several years in a row. The hotel is located acorss the street from a public beach. It is in a quiter area of Osoyoos and borders a residential area. It is a 10-15 minute walk to "downtown" Osoyoos. The reviews on tripadvisor appear to give it a thumbs up. One person commented that they thought the Safari Beach offered better value. And this might be the case, however, it is very difficult to get a room (people book a year in advance) and units are typically rented by the week. But you could contact them to see if there have been cancellations.

4. Re: Lakeview Motel in Osoyoos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 14:12
Get answers to your questions about Osoyoos