We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

North Wales
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

Our daughter and husband purchased as a gift the Chef Summer Special Tasting Menu and also a room for the evening - for the 19.07.2012 TOMORROW. At approx 1pm today they send an EMAIL stating the menu was no longer available. I have telephone them and left a message with Sion that this is unaccpetable and as its been PAID for we expect it. I have asked for a superviosor or manager to call me by 4pm. I will of course update this then. But as a friendlly warning dont pay up front. We have both taken time of work for this. The menu paid for is as follows:

Chef’s Dining Experience – Thursday 19th July

Indulge and enjoy a culinary extravaganza where you can savour a delicious 8 course menu with flavours of Summer

Gazpacho

_________

BBQ corn on the cob with Coconut and Chilli sauce

_________

Cucumber and Crab Salad

_________

Seabass on a bed of Fennal and Watercress Puree finished with Pernod Cream

________

Lobster Thermidor

________

Breaded Lamb Cutlet pan fried in garlic butter with fondont potatoes and french beans

________

Blackforest Gateaux

________

Orange and Cointreau liquor Slush

We have been told we can have of the advertised menu - which include faggots, sausage and steaks - slight difference!

7 replies to this topic
North Wales
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

I have now spoken to Nicole the owner and she is talking to the chef to see if we can meet a comprimise. I have asked her to call me by 5pm - I will update.

I still cant believe they cancelled by email the day before.

North Wales
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

I have now spoken to the owner again and they have agreed to honour the original and paid for booking. I will update and give a full and fair review over the weekend. What a shame they could not of just done what was agreed and still being advertised in the first place. Off to pack the night bag

North Wales
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

I have now posted my review - i must say we had a fantastic time and Nicol made a point of coming and finding us and making sure we were happy. The staff were lovely and made us welcome

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

It's a shame that you didn't wait for the final outcome instead of giving us a blow by blow account of your discussion. Hardly fair to the hotel. And really only vaguely travel related.

North Wales
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

It depends on what way you look at it. I think I have been fair - shared the good and the bad points. Its not vaguely related - it shows how and what happened and service received. Unfair would of been if I hadnt stated the poor service received at the beginning and only glorified the good points. Guess your friends of the owners then.

North Wales
Level Contributor
184 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

And even funnier now Ive looked at your profile and seen youve posted in comments in the following topics - Rain & What novel should I read - really travel related.

Diolch yn fawr for making me chuckle

Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation

Cross Foxes appear to be very inflexible, in other areas as well, A coach trip stopped there this morning on the way to Llandudno, to order morning coffee, but were refused unless theyagreed to stop there on the way home tonight and order evening meals.

Needless to say, the organiser refused to be bullied, and took the party to the Little Chef at Dolgellau where the Welsh staff served them without quibble.!!.

Reply to: Cross Foxes - Last minute Cancellation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brithdir