We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spokane Valley

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Spokane Valley

Hello we will be visiting the area Sept. 9-1. What are some of the things to do in the area or see? We really enjoy museums, art, and history.

3 replies to this topic
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spokane Valley

In Spokane Valley, there is the Spokane Valley Heritage Museum. It is a small museum but very informative about the specific history of the valley (which used to be orchards and farms). The link to the museum website is spokanevalleymuseum.com

They are open Wed through Fri. 11-4; Sat. 11-5

There location is E. 12114 Sprague Ave.

Admission is $6 for adults; $5 for seniors over age 55.

The Spokane County Interstate Fair will be taking place while you are here. The fair runs from Sept. 8 through 17 this year. The fairgrounds are on Havana. The link to the fair is

https:/…Interstate-Fair

There are museums and other things to see in the city of Spokane which is around a 20 minute drive from the Valley (depending on where you are staying).

On the campus of Gonzaga University is the Jundt Art Museum-

gonzaga.edu/Campus-Resources/…

The Museum of Arts and Culture is a regional art and history museum. It is often referred to as the MAC. It is located in Brownes Addition which has many early 1900 houses and architecture.

northwestmuseum.org

Minneapolis, MN.
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spokane Valley

I am 63yo and looking to possibly relocate to the Spokane/Spokane Valley area in 2-3 years (once retired). I am 63yo as of 2018 but need to move to an area where there is public transit since I do not drive. I have lived in Minneapolis, MN since 1984 & visited Seattle once but never Spokane. Any advice/suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. I am considering renting a 1-2 bedroom pet friendly (cat) apartment & have been checking out rental prices as of Jan. 2018 should I decide to move to Spokane.

Am planning on taking a 4-5 day vacation to Spokane/Spokane Valley in March, 2018 so any info would be greatly appreciated. I have worked in In-Pt Psychiatry since 1989 so my background is in Counseling. I am aware there is no State Income Tax for Washington when filing taxes. Good or bad???

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Spokane Valley

Ump- relocation questions are not allowed, but in any case, start your own thread.

They make the taxes up in other ways. So I don’t think it’s a good vs. bad kind of thing. Washington has a high sales tax for one thing.

Where you rent is dependent on the transit system. Which is useable but not fantastic in Spokane. I wouldn’t choose to live there without a car. You can do it. I did it for work for about a month. But it sucked, and would suck more in the winter. Why do you want to retire to Spokane if you’ve never been there?

Edited: 09 January 2018, 03:50
Reply to: Spokane Valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spokane Valley