We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach loungers

lincoln
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
beach loungers

hi guys we go to embudu next april its our first time could any of the regulars comment on the beach loungers are there plenty to go round? and if you want to lay on certain parts of the island if they are all taken can you move them from other areas last of all is it a scramble early morning to get the best positions . The last place we whent you had your own beach lounger for the duration of your holls and it was heaven thanx in advance stevie#####

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach loungers

The loungers are the worst thing about Embudu in my opinion. They are mostly curved shaped fibre glass rather than flat plastic. Only gymnasts can lay on their fronts. Never had a problem finding a free one and yes you can move them.

lincoln
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach loungers

thanx for that its just nice to know in advance we saw many face offs to do with loungers at our last resort mainly just through ignorance and yes they do look a bit EVIL.

South Wales
Level Contributor
945 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach loungers

We were there last year and it is mainly the yellow fibre glass things but there are a few wooden ones if you can get your hands on one. On the plus side, there is a slightly hippy vive to Embudu in that there are no beach police :) you can drag a bed to where you want it to be.

Debs

Stockport, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach loungers

Stevie,

It's possible we could be there at the same time (leaving UK on 21st) have you picked up any more useful bits of info. I've only just found this forum but reviews seem excellent. I'm currently fretting over mosquitoes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach loungers

What about the table sharing? Is it still going on?

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach loungers

Yes to the sharing if it is busy.

Never been bitten by the. Mozzies. They do seem to hang around he bar area tough.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
536 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach loungers

Mozzies - they are at their worst at dusk. Depends a bit on where you are on theisland.

You also ned to be aware of sand flies which are also bad then.

Make sure you put some repellent on then and you will probably be fine.

Me and other half are both like McD's for mozzies - but we've never suffered that much on Embudu, and it hasn't put us off going back for the 6th time on Sunday!

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach loungers

Just started looking at Embudhoo for next Jan. and found this thread. Have been to 8 other islands before but never here. The only thing that is severly putting me off is sharing tables. We absolutely hate it = have only done it once and have been lucky elsewhere to get own table always. As January is usually packed to the rafters everywhere I assume table sharing will definately happen. Has this always happened when you have been before?

Stockport, England
Level Contributor
16 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach loungers

The wife and I are also going on Sunday, Thomson from Gatwick. Unfortunately my 20+ stone of wobbling white flesh is like an all you can eat buffet for the little buggers. We can compare bites. Got any last minute advice for me seeing as you're the closest thing to an expert that there is out there? Any ideas on cost of renting snorkelling gear or the cost of wi-fi?

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
536 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach loungers

Hi Peter

Diverland hire out the snorkelling gear. If you want to use it more than once or twice it's cheaper to hire for 2 weeks than odd days. We only hired fins but I think they were US$15 per week per person - so $60 for 2 weeks. THey do a "deal" for fins/snorkel/mask I think. Their website and e-mail address are

E-Mail: info@diverland.com

WiFi is expensive - 2 years ago it was US$10 for 30 mins - no idea what it is now. We've only used it in emergencies (like when we got stuck on the island for days due to the ash cloud!)

Another tip ref: mozzies - keep the aircon on at least from mid afternoon until morning - they don't like air movement and we've never really had problems with bites inside the room.

See you on the plane!

PS Keep your camera handy on the boat trip to the island. There is just a chance you'll see dolphins. (Although we've never been lucky other people we know have!)

Get answers to your questions about Emboodhu Finolhu
Recent Conversations