We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cat Tien National Park on a budget

Greece
12 posts
Cat Tien National Park on a budget

I am considering a visit and am searching for information on the prices at the park.

If you have done any of the attractions and remember the price, I'd be glad for the info (:

Also, what are the trails/attractions that you do alone/at a small price, and are they worth it? Or is it mostly the pricey attractions that make the visit to the park worthwhile?

Thank you (:

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
542 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Cat Tien National Park on a budget

Hi there,

Actually Cat Tien is a less visited place for tourism, and in my opinion, it is not really worth for a visit if you come to Vietnam for a short time. My point is, that there are many many other much more beautiful places in Vietnam that you could visit instead.

At this time, there are no group tours to Cat Tien, which means, you have either to take a private tour or travel by local bus. At Cat Tien, there is only forest and not too many wild species can be discovered if you travel by yourself. On the other hand, a private tour will be very expensive. For the forest and mountain, I would recommend Sapa instead. It is one of the most beautiful places in Vietnam with huge mountain ranges and wild tropical forests.

Hope that I was helpful. Cheers

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
138 posts
109 reviews
2. Re: Cat Tien National Park on a budget

We visited cat tien last december with our children and loved it! We stayed at green hope lodge (not expansive). The owner was very helpful in arranging activities. Not sure about the prices but i found cat tien way cheaper then more touristy places in Vietnam. You can cycle or hike through the national park with or without guide (Maps available). You can visit gibbon and bear centre. Visit a village, do boat trip etc. Lots to do and reasonably priced.

Edited: 15 February 2017, 13:07
2 posts
3. Re: Cat Tien National Park on a budget

Hi Francis, do you still know the exact prices there?

Edited: 06 March 2017, 11:22
2 posts
4. Re: Cat Tien National Park on a budget

Hi Francis, do you still know the exact prices there?

Edited: 06 March 2017, 11:22
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
10 posts
5. Re: Cat Tien National Park on a budget

the price depend on what you do, the accomdation the the cheapest one is 8 USD

6. Re: Cat Tien National Park on a budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2018, 01:48
Get answers to your questions about Cat Tien National Park
More Cat Tien National Park Topics