We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

Does anyone have any suggestions either by bus or train to get to Milton Keynes.

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

Take the train from Chislehurst station to London Bridge station. Then take the underground to Euston station from where there are trains to Milton Keynes. See timetables here:

www.thetrainline.com

Edited: 03 May 2012, 23:50
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,862 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

Trains run several times each hour on all lines, so no worries about waiting.

Beware weekend travel as tracks are sometimes closed for maintenance and repair work.

Full schedules and fares

www.nationalrail.co.uk

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

Trains from Chislehurst continue 2 stops beyond London Bridge to the terminus at Charing Cross. The Underground (= Tube = Metro = Subway) runs direct from Charing Cross to Euston too. Besides, if you have luggage and would rather take a taxi between the two National Rail stations, it's a bit shorter and cheaper from Charing Cross (£13 as opposed to £15.50 according to the fare calculator webpage I use, but that can vary with traffic and time of day).

London
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

If you don't have any heavy bags, here is another option, which avoids the tube.

Train to London Bridge. At London Bridge wait on the same platform for the Bedford train, and take this to St Pancras. From St Pancras it is a short walk (less than ten minutes) to Euston for the Milton Keynes train.

If travelling at weekend, check for engineering disruptions.

You can buy a through ticket from Chislehurst to MK (25.90). But if you are travelling off peak, you can travel for less by buying separate tickets from Chislehurt to London (£5.30) then London to MK (£13), even allowing that you need to add a tube fare or bus fare between the stations. (That sounds daft - but these anomolies do sometimes crop up with the ticket pricing structures).

Edited: 04 May 2012, 18:54
cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne

I want to thank everyone who took time out to respond to my question, I appreciate your responses.

comayoeagle

Reply to: any suggestions on getting from Chislehurst to Milton Keyne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chislehurst