We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help with the plan to Calakmul

Pathum Thani...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
need help with the plan to Calakmul

Hi,

To my limitation of time , I only have 2 nights in Xpujil to visit Calakmul .

My plan is like this :

D1 - ADO bus from Campeche(14.00) to Xpujil (18.25)

D2 - visit Calakmul and Balamku

D3 - 07.00am Taxi from Xpujil to Bacalar ( visit Becan then on the way visit Kohunlich & Dzibanche

My questions are

1. Is this plan ok & doable? Please advice.

2. Upon arriving Xpujil at 18.25 , is it difficult to get taxi with private tour guide to Calakmul for the next morning?

3. Please recommendation any private tour guide with car who can spend full day with me . Please alsogive me the estimated cost.

4. Is it possible to hire a taxi from Xpujil to Bacalar with some stops on the way?

Please also give me the estimated cost.

Thank you in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: need help with the plan to Calakmul

Totally doable. Did exactly this a couple of years ago. I think was around $ 1000 pesos for calakmul and about the same to chetumal so maybe a few hundred more to bacalar. was not a tour tho just the taxi

Edited: 11 July 2018, 14:44
Pathum Thani...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: need help with the plan to Calakmul

@ pedroNewmarket

Thank you very much.

- At where in Xpujil that I can find the taxi?

- How much time need for visiting Calakmul and back to Xpujil? and

How much time the taxi will wait for you?

- Did you also use the guide for visiting Calakmul? How much did you for the guide and how much time did the guide spend with you?

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: need help with the plan to Calakmul

I have used these guys. Really great trip!! Very knowledgeable. https://www.kaanexpeditions.com

I have also heard good things about Tours in Calakmul Abel. I think you contact him thru Facebook.

Pathum Thani...
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: need help with the plan to Calakmul

@ powerglut

Thank you so much

Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: need help with the plan to Calakmul

I am following the thread as I am planning to go from Campeche to Bacalar and I am looking for ways of transportation.

@ Pedro: I have only one and a half day available for the trip and - since I want to include at least a few hours at Bacalar - I am afraid I won’t be able to stop at Calakmul. If I understand correctly, you paid about 2k pesos for the full trip Campeche-Bacalar didn’t you ?

Reply to: need help with the plan to Calakmul
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Campeche
More Campeche Topics