We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay Beach - video trip report

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
761 reviews
Railay Beach - video trip report

With a little bit of Kata Beach, Phuket at the beginning, this video mostly focuses on Railay Beach and surrounds.

I simply cannot recommend it strongly enough, a proper slice of paradise. We stayed in Railei Beach Club (i've reviewed in TripAdvisor), where the magnificent Railay West Beach is your front garden effectively. You could easily laze away the days there, but walking or kayaking to Tonsai or PhraNang beaches, climbing up to the magnificent viewpoint (get ready to use all your limbs for that one), the sunset cruise and other trips are on offer.

I also enjoyed the restaurants and bar scene - enough of a selection for variety, but not over-run with them. Railay East has a more uptempo scene with fire shows, boxing going on, and a defined strip of bars. West, with a decent selection of restaurants on Walking Street is calmer, though for my money Bamboo Bar was the best of the lot (not listed on TripAdvisor, my review still awaiting approval!) and Kohinoor great for Indian food.

Decent value, if pricier than our other destinations in Thailand (Bangkok and Kata Beach).

Happy to answer any questions you may have. Video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iwL8xOy_Os

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,261 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Railay Beach - video trip report

Railay is lovely, but where's all those day trippers?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
761 reviews
2. Re: Railay Beach - video trip report

Yes, there are day trippers but I've been to many, many places where beaches are busier as a result of day-trippers. Even Phranang beach around the headland was more crowded.

I think if you go up the Railei Beach Club end of the beach, it's noticeably calmer also.

3. Re: Railay Beach - video trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2017, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach