We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive on Railay East or West

Tainan, Taiwan
9 posts
Save Topic
Arrive on Railay East or West

Should i go to east railay or west railay?

We will arrive on Railay at about 5:00 pm on February 4th. My wife and I have a 3-year-old daughter, 1 medium sized suitcase and 2 small cases. We are staying at the sunrise tropical. I looked at the tide chart and it seems to be medium/high tide. So which beach would it be better for us to land at?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,168 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive on Railay East or West

The 'beach' on the east side is not beach at all, but mangrove swamp and muddy - the best on the west side is a proper beach and a much nicer way to arrive.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive on Railay East or West

Actually, if I am not wrong, it is much better if you are staying at Sunrise Tropical to book a transfer directly from them via their website: http://www.sunrisetropical.com/transfer

I had a look at it and it represents very good value and convenience. Have a read and you would understand.

Otherwise, if you choose to come from Ao Nang into Railay West, it would be very tricky with your suit cases and a child. This is especially difficult since you need to climb on and off the boat from and into knee deep water most of the time. Then you need to move through sand and trek across from West Railay to the East passing a forested dirt path. Sounds like a lot of work for your family of three. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Sunrise Tropical Resort
Sunrise Tropical Resort
885 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
3. Re: Arrive on Railay East or West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2017, 10:48