We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late arrival at Krabi Airport - overnight in Krabi?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
6 posts
1 review
Late arrival at Krabi Airport - overnight in Krabi?

Hi,

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at Krabi Airport at 6:35pm. Is it possible to go to Railay Beach on the same day (If so, would it be too expensive or unsafe?)? Or should we overnight in Krabi and head to Railay in the morning?

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
237 reviews
1. Re: Late arrival at Krabi Airport - overnight in Krabi?

Hi there,

I'm not 100% sure if you can (as from what I understand you need to take a boat to Railay from Ao Nang, which may not be the best at night - but I'm sure it possible)... However, I recommend a night in Krabi town anyway - it's a great, quiet town with a lovely river and if you are there on Fri/Sat or Sun, there's a night market worth a look too.

I've posted about our night there on my blog if you're interested …blogspot.com.au/2015/10/krabi-town-journey-…

Enjoy!

- K

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
409 posts
1,358 reviews
2. Re: Late arrival at Krabi Airport - overnight in Krabi?

it will be better to stay in Ao nang that night and catch the first boat to Railay in the next morning

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Late arrival at Krabi Airport - overnight in Krabi?

I guess it's better to go in the morning :)

Thanks everyone!

4. Re: Late arrival at Krabi Airport - overnight in Krabi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2017, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach