We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Due to go to Krabi 25-29th Nov. Forecast looks rainy but does it rain all day this time of year or is it just 1 or 2 short bursts?

Thanks

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Scattered afternoon thunderstorms for a short time are rather common and welcomed this season. Helps to chill down.

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

This post may help to explain forecasts in Thailand tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k…

My best advice is to stop looking at forecasts. All it does is stress you out when the reality may be very different. You can't change the weather, just go and enjoy :)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

My family and I are also going nov 23-dec 1 and weather looks rather depressing. 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms the whole time :(

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

But does that mean an 80% chance of rain or 80% of the time it will be raining?

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

But does that mean an 80% chance of rain or 80% of the time it will be raining?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,211 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Read the link that @JustAllie has put on her post, this will put things into perspective - I wrote the original post because so many people were reading weather forecasts wrong and didn't understand them properly. I use the Thai Meteorlogical Department website when I want to know Thai weather as it shows the percentage change of rain, the current week shows light cloud cover (normal), this will mean sunshine with light cloud cover, it will be very hot, you can get sunburnt, you will wish it would rain to make it cool down a bit, the highest chance of rain this week is 40% (no idea where 80% is coming from), that is very low and if it does rain it is likely to be a short, heavy shower followed by brilliant sunshine. Just go, enjoy - I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=76

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Best to cancel and stay at home.

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Yeah helpful! I am travelling and have an option of where to go - if it was pre-booked I would go!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,211 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=76

This forecast would not worry or stop me from going on holiday.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain in Krabi next week Wed - Sun?

Me too Cassnu, I lived in Blighty for 3 years (South Wales and the West Coutry) and a Thai wet season is better than most British Summers.

Enjoy!