We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay Beach Flooded?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
146 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Railay Beach Flooded?

My cousin is in Railay Beach right now and its flooded. Anyone have ideas where she should go to enjoy her last few days before flying home from Krabi? She is coming from Phuket and Phi Phi.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

Unfortunately we have bad weather since more than one week with sometimes heavy rain, rough and stormy sea, but forecasters predict an improvement later this week. Best is to stay in Ao Nang, from where you can do some land based excursions.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

What do you mean by flooded?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

Just realised that this is a duplicate post. You should remove it so that you are only getting answers on the one post.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
146 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

I have no clue what she means thats why I ended it with a question. My only guess is that the access to the beach is flooded. I can't reach her right now but she texted me early this morning that the area is flooded that she's not having a good time. I thought to post in case someone else is on the way there and maybe others in the area can chime in on an alternative or what the conditions are there.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
146 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

Ok she sent me a photo and the streets are really flooded. Looks bad and she said it was a real pain getting in from the boat. They also suggest Ao Nang.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

Probably the same scene as in pics I've seen today of streets in Khao Lak and no doubt elsewhere on the West Coast. It's that time of year and always a risk.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

There are no "streets" in Railay. Between walking street East and Walking street West the newer middle Railay may not drain well, and the walk from East to Phra Nang, behind Rayavadee may get a bit boggy, but Railay can't "Flood". If it is just heavy Rain, you are going to get the same weather in Ao Nang and Phuket. Your cousin would, as suggested need to go to the Gulf Islands to maybe escape it, although they are experiencing similar weather at the moment I think. Weather everywhere is stuffed up, be it man made or natural. Some heat waves in the UK, wet in Fiji now, when it is supposed to be dry. Here in OZ snow from the Blue Mountains to Adelaide and from Victoria to Southern Queensland. In NZ, the coldest day in Auckland in 64 years.

Turn off lights when you don't need them, turn off air-con when you don't need it, minimise fossil fuel use everywhere. It all starts at the bottom. Do the right thing and put your rubbish in the bin. Recycle Re-use. Save the planet, it's the only one we have.

SSWT

8. Re: Railay Beach Flooded?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2016, 11:48