We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railay Accomodation

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Railay Accomodation

Hi guys,

My girlfriend and I will be in Railay beach towards the end of April (around 29th) and was wondering if anyone could recommend some affordable accommodation. Not looking to spend more than about 1500 Bhat a night.

Also, any advice on which area to stay/visit in Railay would be much appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Railay Accomodation

For that price you will be staying on Railay East. If you are there for a few days (hopefully longer) you will get to know the whole place. Try to get to Ton Sai if you are into parties. If not just relax.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Railay Accomodation

Is Railay East a nice place? I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if Railay Easy isn't all that nice. Just don't want to be flooded with loads of drunk backpackers and dirty beaches.

Not massively in to partying, but we do enjoy going out for drinks etc, just not into downing buckets all night.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
97 reviews
3. Re: Railay Accomodation

Railay East is basically a backpacker area, although the Phra Nang end is now more upmarket. The "Beach" is mangroves and can be smelly. You will see some drunk backpackers, as the "Last Bar" sells buckets and is open until 2 or 3. I think the cheapest on Railay West would be Sand Sea. Haven't stayed there, although a mate of mine did since Railay Bay went down in quality. He said it was fine. They have a dry bar but allow you to bring drinks in.

4. Re: Railay Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2016, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach