We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

Hi,

Does anyone know if boats from the Railay Beach go to the Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town? I have booked an accomodation near this pier after I check out from Railay East.

Roughly how much and how long is the boat trip?

Or is it better I take a boat to Ao Nammao Pier then take a taxi to the accomodation?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
4,819 Reviews
Railay Beach, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Berkeley...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

So what did you find out when you went there? I'm trying to figure out how to get to Krabi Town @ 8 a.m from the Railay area w/out paying our resort's extortionist charge for a speedboat trip.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

Hi

I took longtail boat, 35 minutes. Per person is charged 150baht but have to wait for 8 passengers which we didnt want to. So we negotiated for 800 baht per boat.

Berkeley...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

Well, that's $24 U.S., which still seems steep, but it's cheaper than the resort would charge us. I guess I'd end up doing the same as you if I were in a hurry, which I plan to be...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

U can negotiate further if u wanted to. I'm a shy person and dont like negotiations. I read somewhere that someone managed to bring it down to 400 baht.

5. Re: Boat from Railay Beach to Chao Fah Pier in Krabi Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2015, 10:50