We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East beach vs west beach

Level Contributor
71 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
East beach vs west beach

Hi all. Had a small question to ask. Me and hubby are planning to stay on Railay beach for two nights. Looking at the usual booking sites I can see accommodation is limited and very pricey.

We are considering splashing out a bit in one of the west beach hotels. I am wondering if you think it is worth the extra money for west beach hotels as they look to be twice the price. Many thanks for any responses :) bit confused at the moment.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: East beach vs west beach

It's 5 to 10 minutes walk from the East to the West. Does this answer your question ?

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East beach vs west beach

West beach is much prettier. East beach is more of a mangrove swamp. Also, very loud, noisy backpacker bars on East Railay so you'll get a better nights sleep on the west side.

Level Contributor
71 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East beach vs west beach

Thanks guys muh appreciated. Just wasn't sure if the extra money was going to be worth it but a good nights sleep makes all the difference.

Australia
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East beach vs west beach

Definitely go west side,great resorts ,worth the extra.stunning scenery .We just got back stayed at sand sea resort,in a grand deluxe room $ 100 aus per night great rooms near new.Love railay planning another trip there

Level Contributor
71 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: East beach vs west beach

Hi there Tomandgem. Thanks for the advise. I ended up booking at the Sunrise Tropical on the east beach. Might not be ideal views but I figured it's less distance to walk home after a few drinks at the bars. Do you know I the locations not so bad for his hotel? I know it's not wet each but hoping it's not right in the middle of the noisy east beach

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: East beach vs west beach

I've also booked Sunrise Tropical at the East side after considering tjhe factors. After all, walking from the west to the east is merely 5-10 min. View is not as great definitely but you will be at the beach and not in the hotel when enjoying the view. So staying at the west or east doesnt matter.

Also booked Sunrise as it seems a shorter distance to walk to the Phra Nang beach and caves compared to those on the west side.

Edited: 31 July 2014, 06:34
Australia
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: East beach vs west beach

Walking distance takes about 4 minutes to walk from east to west .Takes about 10 minutes to walk from west railay to Phra Nang beach.The views at east railay are also quite spectacular also,

8. Re: East beach vs west beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 09:45