We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Can the long tail boats handle our two large suitcases plus our carry on luggage? We are loaded down with luggage. We'd like to store some of it before getting on those boats, but don't know where to do so. We are flying into Krabi this February then go directly from the airport to the ao nang pier to catch the long boat to our Railey hotel. We have heard you get off the boats in the water with your luggage; is that true?..we are both seniors....any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,051 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

There's room on longtail boats for luggage. The boatmen carry it to the beach for you. If you're being met, the hotel staff will help you drag it to the hotel.

If you're flying down from Bangkok, you could store most of your gear at the airport for 100 baht per bag per day, or at Bangkok Self Storage for 100 baht per WEEK, and travel light to Krabi. You won't need anything there but a couple t-shirts and a pair of shorts.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

We fly directly from chiang Mai to Krabi airport. Is there any storage places there or in ao nang....really have a ton of luggage and want to shed some of it, for sure, if possible.

Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

There is also an option from a few of the better hotels - to get picked up by tractor and trailer directly from the long tail on the east side. It is more expensive (2000bht for two, including transport from ao nang to the pier, long tail and tractor) but saves having to wade in if its a problem for you. The East is a few minute easy walk from West. The Bhu Nga Thani definitely offer this to guests, I'm unsure if non residents can use the service though. Call your hotel to see what's available.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Thanks..we appreciate the suggest.

Sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Can I suggest you make sure your hotel will assist because we are currently at railay and you often need to walk out a few minutes into the low tide water to get on and off the boat. The boat men seem non existent if you need help as they couldn't care less. The hotel porter will help but again I notice them on the sand and not out in the waters at low tides carrying cases

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Thanks for this information. I am still worried about getting to Railey with all of our luggage. (2 carry on bags, 1 large suitcase, and 1 medium suitcase.) Is there NO STORAGE PLACE anywhere in Krabi or at the airport area to put some of this luggage there during our 3 day stay on that beach? Neither my husband nor I can lift that size luggage while walking it into the water. Also, is there a ladder to get into the boat? I have back troubles. If anyone can help us, please respond. Thanks.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Yes, there is left luggage service located near the exit of Terminal 1 where international flights arrive. I am not sure what are the fees though. Perhaps you could call them to check. +66 75 636 541

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Hi

Maybe try and get a boat to Railay East during high tide then they come right into a dock at low tide it is a long walk in and out on the east side

no dock on the west side just jump out and walk to shore not that far or that deep but don't wear nice shoes

If you stay at the five star hotel they come out on the east side with a tractor and trailer to pick you up off the boats other than the five star resort Railay is mostly rock climbers and backpackers and lower end family hotels.not much to do there if you don't climb or drink but it is beautiful,

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
107 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about our luggage getting to Railey beach

Thank you so much.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply