We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked transportation from Krabi airport to Railay Bay

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
285 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Booked transportation from Krabi airport to Railay Bay

After multiple e-mail attempts I finally got a response from Railay Bay about arranging transportation from the airport to the resort. They said someone will be waiting outside the arrivals with a sign with our names on it. I asked about payment (1200 baht) for 2 from airport including longtail boat from Ao Nang. I asked if we pay the driver and they said no that we will pay when we get to the resort. My question is this. Will the longtail boat driver expect payment? I have very little confidence in the hotel working this out, especially since I have read reviews about people arranging transportation and no one showing up at the airport. Just do not want to be charged twice, or at least the hotel still expect payment if the longtail boat driver and/or taxi demands it. Also is it customary to tip taxis and longtail boat drivers. Also we plan on visiting Tonsai beach while there but not sure if my wife is up to the crazy hike from Railay to Tonsai. Is it simple enough to get a longtail to and from Tonsai from West Railay?

Thanks,

Snickerbilly

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked transportation from Krabi airport to Railay Bay

Hi, I have been twice in Railay Bay resort. Regarding the pick up - it is not necessary, because there is enough taxis on the airport which take you directly to the pier from where longtail goes to Railay. It is always cheaper then through the hotel. It is safe (I travel alone with my little son) and well organised.

2. the boat to Tonsai is not a problem at any time of the day. The problem is low tide - you need to go long way from boat to Tonsai through mud and shap stones ( also when you want to walk to Tonsai, which is possible only on low tide). Very nice is trip to the small town just around the corner next to the Tonsai. Railay is beautifull enjoy!!

2. Re: Booked transportation from Krabi airport to Railay Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 14:50