We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Railey

Holzhausen, Germany
3 posts
Airport to Railey

Hello,

We plan to spend some days in Railey Beach in November. We arrive at Krabi Airport at 7:15 pm.

Is it possible to get to Railey Beach in the same evening? Or do we have to stay in Ao Nang or Krabi Town for the first night?

Tanks for your help!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Airport to Railey

You can arrange an evening transfer from Ao Nang to Railay although it is quite expensive as you will be hiring the whole boat. The driver may ask you to pay for a return journey.

If the seas are at all unkind it is a risky trip after dark.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
818 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Airport to Railey

Better to stay a night either in Krabi Town, Ao Nam Mao or Ao Nang. Not worth to spend the amount on a Longtail Boat to Railay in the evening as there isn't too much going on there after nightfall anyway. Further, you could get some supplies before heading over as it will be cheaper.

Tip: If your hotel is on Railay East stay in Krabi Town or Ao Nam Mao. If In Railay West, stay in Ao Nang. It's more straight forward that way so you save time and money on transfer as well as walking too far a distance to check-in.

hongkong
Level Contributor
37 posts
116 reviews
3. Re: Airport to Railey

Hi SteveMUC, I am also seeking to transfer by boat sometime around 8 pm in September from Ao Nang to Railay Beach West. Would BobnJanette further advise how expensive should I expect to pay for transfer in the evening.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
4. Re: Airport to Railey

Any can help I need boat to get out from railay by 530am to catch my flight at 755am.

Pls advise

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Airport to Railey

For both #3 & #4 you are looking at about 2000 - 3000 baht for an after hours transfer as you will be hiring the whole boat.

For the early departure you should really think about leaving the evening prior as a 5am departure could be unreliable.

Happy & safe travels

hongkong
Level Contributor
37 posts
116 reviews
6. Re: Airport to Railey

Hi SteveMUC and WeistoOoi. Not sure if this help. I have just booked the Railay Bay Resort located in Railay West Beach together with the transfer service, which will cost me BHT1,500 (after hours charge) which will be good for a group of 6 people maximum. The normal hour transfer will charge BHT 1,200. The confirmation message : "transfer service from Krabi Airport to the resort also confirmed accordingly, please find your name on the hotel signboard inside the main building and then our airport representative will show you the van directly." I book with http://www.krabi-railaybay.com. but note that it is the first time I book with this site.

PA
Level Contributor
31 posts
133 reviews
7. Re: Airport to Railey

Your plans sound great! We just returned from the Railay Bay Resort on WEST Beach as that is what was recommended time and again and it was the best decision to stay on the west side. To schedule transportation in advance is the way to go! You will be taken care of from the time you arrive to the time you are transported to the island and to the check in and back. No worries.

Even if the boat arrives on the east side which is not as pretty and busy with boats and shops, the west side is only a short distance and is lovely, scenic, more open, great dining and access to the whole beach. You'll love it! It was our favorite place to stay on the islands. Try kayaking before sunset in the west bay! You may be all alone out amongst the water and cliffs. Lovely. If you can upgrade your room at Railay Bay Resort to one of the cottages near the pool, you'll be happiest with the view and proximity to spa, restaurant and pool. Lovely. If the resort folks tell you there are no boats going out due to the weather.....get up before 9 and look out yourself for clear weather and you will on'y miss this opportunity just becasue the resort folks don't believe the weather will be good enough. It was a strange occurrence for us for 3 days of fine weather and great adventures!

Confirm your departure the evening before and ask what time to meet in the lobby to go to your boat in time for your departure. No worries! Enjoy.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
1 review
8. Re: Airport to Railey

You always have to consider the tides, as well. It's not easy to get a boat during low tides, you have to walk a long distance through ankle deep water and probably carry your luggage. High and low tides time is changing every day and tide levels are subject to the moon phase.

9. Re: Airport to Railey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach