We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor at Railay Beach

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Tailor at Railay Beach

Just got back from Railay and want to provide some feedback on the tailor at Railay as I couldn't find any information myself on TripAdvisor. There are 2 tailors on Railay- one on Walking Street and one on the East side, south of Railay Bay Resort, however they are actually the same company, so just go to the one on Walking Street as it's a bit bigger.

I initially ordered 3 shirts as I am a weird body shape, which I got for 4000 baht (under $150 AUD) which I was happy with. So I asked (and eventually) ordered a suit also for 7000 baht (jacket + 2 pants). Prices do vary based on material.

I haven't worn the suit yet, but the cut, finish and sizing is great- I am very happy with it. They were professional, taking a wide range of measurements over 3 fittings- first measure, 2nd measure with first cut of material and then final fitting. Turnaround time was great also- I was measured for my suit first thing in the morning and had 2nd measure that evening.

I cannot comment or compare to how these guys compare to Ao Nang or Krabi tailors. There is more range elsewhere, but not sure if this means better prices or better tailoring elsewhere.

Opening hours- 10am to 10pm (ish). I'd say more like 10.30am to 9pm.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,260 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Tailor at Railay Beach

Interesting first and only post.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Tailor at Railay Beach

Hi Cassnu, I searched before I went to Railay and there was one very old, useless post. I am only posting this info as I search TripAdvisor a lot and want to start giving back for anyone else who may have the same queries.

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g1597036-i14623-k49…

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,260 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Tailor at Railay Beach

I am surprised to hear there is a tailor on Railay, what a shame.

Bondi
2 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Tailor at Railay Beach

Its a shame that there are a million mini marts and travel shops all vying for the tourist dollar. One tailor is hardly a problem I would think. I would love Railay to still have electricity only 4 hours a day like in the "good old days

" however that's not how things go.

5. Re: Tailor at Railay Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 10:47