We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, AoNang or Railay or Koh Lanta or Phi Phi?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Where to stay, AoNang or Railay or Koh Lanta or Phi Phi?

Hi,

Me and my hubby are planning to spend 2.5 days in Krabi and we are very undecided where to stay in AoNang or Krabi. We would like to spend most of the time in beach, so a hotel/resort with a private beach and a spectacular view would be good.

Also we are planning for a day trip to Phi Phi islands.

Our budget is somewhere within 3500 THB per night for a hotel.

Kindly advise which area would be ideal to stay?

sydney
Level Contributor
389 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Where to stay, AoNang or Railay or Koh Lanta or Phi Phi?

Have you read the accom. reviews on this site. I would concentrate on Ao Nang or Railay Beach.

Bishop, California
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay, AoNang or Railay or Koh Lanta or Phi Phi?

My girlfriend and I just returned from this area and stayed in Rilay Ao Nang and Koh Lanta. The best private beach in the area is Phra Naeng on the southern tip of Rilay. There is one resort that owns the area and longtail boats sell food from the water. The sand is world class with amazing islands and cliffs all around. the only issue is a bit of longtail traffic (people coming and going from AoNang ) which can cruise pretty close to the swimmers but it is a beautiful fun scene. Also there is great rock climbing just outside the door with guides and easy routes for beginners.

Another option is Lanta but realise you will waste a lot of time / headache getting there from Krabi. Phra Naeng beach is a 20 minute car ride and 20 minute longtail boat ride. Lanta is a 4 hour boat ride (don't even consider the minivan/ferry) and you need to schedule it in advance. If you are set on this island stay on the Southern part (it gets more beautiful as you go south) but the whole coast is beautiful uncrowded beach. For a more private place check out relax cove. But again never take the a/c minivan ferry to Lanta unless you have unlimited time.

So for beach the Southern tip of Rilay is your best bet. there is also a neat lagoon next door that's a bit of a climb and you can rent kayaks. study a map of the area before booking and good luck!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Where to stay, AoNang or Railay or Koh Lanta or Phi Phi?

Thanks a lot M_Cleav for your detailed answer. It did really clear most of my confusions. I think with your suggestion I would settle with Railay.

Sorry stonemanSydney for the repeat if it was, but I did try searching for my question and I could not find a suitable reply or question anywhere as far as I searched.

Cheers,

Madhu

4. Re: Where to stay, AoNang or Railay or Koh Lanta or Phi Phi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Railay Beach